At Jack Soban Auto Transport, our first priority is the safe delivery of your vehicle. We ensure highest quality standards that help prevent damage to your car during transport
- Provide us with valid phone and email contact information where you can be reached throughout the transportation process.
- Provide a location contact. A valid phone number of the person who will be present at the time of pick up and delivery of your vehicle is needed. This person must be over age of 18 and able to present a valid driver's license for identification purposes.
- Notify us of any vehicle modifications made to your car (e.g. vehicle lowered, vehicle lift kits, camper shells, etc.). There must be a minimum of 4 inches of ground clearance for safe loading and unloading of your vehicle.
- Notify us of any specialty items that alter the manufacturers’ standard specifications or dimensions of your vehicle (e.g: spoilers, low-hanging fog lights, luggage racks or running boards) that may affect clearances during loading and unloading.
Preparing your car for transport
- Your vehicle must be operable. The tires, brakes and engine must be in good working order with all safety features intact. Additional charges may apply if the car is not in running condition.
- Gas level must be between 1/8 to 1/4 tank for transport, and not more.
- Plants and hazardous materials are forbidden by law to be transported.
- Remove all personal items. We encourage customers to remove all personal items from the vehicle. Personal belongings are not insured and are shipped at owner’s risk.
- Check fluid levels in preparation for a change in weather when shipping to a warmer or colder climate. It is a good idea to check antifreeze and other fluid levels before transport.
- Check your battery to ensure it is fully charged and secured in its mounting bracket to avoid delays or unexpected charges for jump starting a dead battery.
- Check tire pressure to avoid shipment delays or charges due to a flat tire.
Protect against Loss or Damage
- All antennas must be fully retracted or removed
- Fold in any mirrors where applicable
- Remove all portable interior components such as hands-free car phones, GPS systems, and stereo face plates.
- Repair or seal convertible tops with tears or open seams to prevent damage from weather exposure.
- All non-permanent luggage racks, bike racks, ski racks, etc. must be removed.